‘The World of Weddings’, India’s first immersive virtual wedding fair witnesses close to 2000 attendees
: With the wedding season just around the corner, there couldn’t have been an ideal time to host a wedding fair digitally in light of the global pandemic. Adapting to the new world order, the fraternity witnessed its first-ever virtual wedding show, The World of Weddings (TWOW), a 3-day experiential affair that took place from 23rd to 25th October, 2020.
Being an immersive 3D platform, TWOW brought together stalwarts of the wedding industry and best in class suppliers giving brides, grooms and their families direct access to myriad wedding operators and service providers and vice versa from the comfort of their homes. Showcasing prestigious industry mavens including wedding planners, tourism boards, hotels, décor stylists, photographers, choreographers, fashion designers and food & beverage experts, the idea was to help guests plan their wedding with the latest information, trends and insights through a click of a button on their laptop, tablet or mobile devices.
Mr. Manoj Gopalani, Co-curator, TWOW said, “We set out with a goal to bring together the entire wedding fraternity, giving our industry partners avenues to network and assist families, brides & grooms in planning their dream wedding seamlessly, even in times of a pandemic. We are overwhelmed with the response received from the trade and consumers alike. With close to 2000 registrations, we are proud to state that India’s first virtual wedding fair was a success. We are certain that our partners and visitors found value and have unlocked opportunities at The World of Weddings.”
“What seemed like a mammoth task during the conceptualization phase, saw fruition over three days of the fair. It was imperative for us to not only present the best of brands but also curate engaging content with masterclasses and panels. Identifying the right speakers whose energies complimented each other’s, thereby making the sessions entertaining and knowledgeable was essential. With the first edition of The World of Weddings, we have indeed established that no matter the circumstances, virtually planning a wedding or celebration is possible anytime, anywhere”, said Ms. Neha Seth Arora, Co-curator, TWOW.
‘The World of Weddings’ had the works; an interface with a virtual lobby, dedicated auditoriums and immersive galleries that presented several esteemed brands and personalities.
List of partners and brands that showcased at TWOW:
• Designers: Masaba Gupta, Nivedita Saboo, Ritu Kumar, Archana Kochhar
• Hotels: Hyatt, Minor Hotels, Shangri-la, Marriott, Sofitel Bahrain, Aamby Valley
• Tourism Boards: Seychelles Tourism Board, Azerbaijan Tourism Board, Singapore Tourism Board, Tourism Authority of Thailand
• Jewellery: Forevermark, Notandas, Farah Khan World
• Photographers: The Wedding Story, Israni Photography, Jodi Clickers
• Makeup artists: Ojas Rajani, Kajol Paswwan
• Fashion Stylists: Eshaa Amin, The Wedding Project by Mohit Rai & Aastha Sharma
• Choreographers: Sumeet & Vinod, Laadi
• Wedding Décor Stylists: Vivaah, DreamzKrraft, SPREE
• Entertainment Solutions: Salim – Sulaiman represented by Nirav Thakar, E Positive Entertainment, Exceed Entertainment, BToS, Red Entertainment, 22nd Avenue
• Wedding Planners: Horizon W.I.E., VV Weddings
• Cruises: Dream Cruises
• Sustainable Solutions: Pulp Fiction
• Wedding Invitation Solutions: Pink Whistle Man
• Other partners include Soundkraft, Fantasie Chocolates, Networking Now by Shaan Khanna, Drinq, Skin & You and Prana
Additionally, the event highlights were definitely the tête-à-tête with musical sensations like Salim Merchant, Darshan Raval, Kanika Kapoor, Benny Dayal, Neeti Mohan, Sukriti & Prakriti who spoke about weaving in music at weddings.
Panel discussions took centre stage at The World of Weddings, where veterans had conversations about varied subjects like conscious weddings, virtual networking, latest wedding catering trends and hosting dream weddings at royal residences.
Serving as an excellent platform for different kinds of wedding curators and prospective couples and their families, TWOW ensured one-on-one interaction with industry bigwigs promising a wedding planning experience like no other!
November 25, 2020
November 25, 2020
November 23, 2020
November 23, 2020